Sunday, February 14, 2010

Its time to update!

She was such a good sport takin these pics!
Can you tell the snow was deep?!

My little pink cammo snow bunny!


She is always all smiles!



She reminds me of Boo off of the movie Monsters Inc.!




Well, I figured its about time that I post something!!! I just thought I would update you all on whats going on in our lives! So, I will start with my husband leaving. He left in the middle of December to Afghanistan. That was one of the worst nights I have ever experienced. He was supposed to leave 2 days later but that afternoon at 4 we got a call saying that he had to have everything packed and be in to work at 9. So everything was packed and I was bawling the WHOLE TIME! When we got to his work we took LOTS of pics of him and chevelle. They are all so dang cute. I would post them but they are on my other computer. (they are on facebook) The time finally came that we had to say our final goodbyes. I was completely nauseas when they told everyone to get into formation. There was me and about 5 other wifes there. Just watching our husbands walk away from us in formation not being able to look back or anything was one of the hardest things I have ever had to watch. Needless to say, the next few days got better and better. It has now been 2 months since he left and the time has sped by! I don't mind the least bit, I wish it would go by faster! We are able to talk to him most every day so that is good! I always look forward to his call! Chevelle is now 5 months old!!! How time flies, holy cow! She is attempting to crawl now and she gets so mad! Its funny to watch her! We missed christmas and new years with the family cause we were waiting for Chevelle's passport but we finally made it to Utah on January 12th. Chevy did awesome during the plane ride, she didn't cry once! Everyone was so helpful during the flights! We head back to Italy in March. I will be so sad to leave my family but I am so excited to get back to coach Softball again and im gonna start going to the gym with my friend Natalie. I am so thankful for the friends I have in Italy! They are all going through the same things as me. They understand if im not in a good mood or they help out when they know your havin trouble, I think its an Army Wife thing! I am so thankful that I met Felix and I am so proud of what he does. He has given Chevy and I the best life we could ask for. He is a great husband and dad and we love him more than he will ever know! I can't wait until he gets to come home on his R&R!!!!! Only 8 more months!!!! To most people they think it is insane but its just one of those things we deal with! Well, I posted a few pics of Ms. Chevelle!!! Hope you all enjoy. I will try to update more often!



P.S. If any of you have skype add me to it and we will be able to stay in touch! my screen name is rodriguez8587.










1 comment:

Kelly said...

Kashay! Thanks for an update! You are so strong! I admire you! It was SOOO hard not seeing Chad for two years when he was on his mission can't imagine how hard it would be now that we're married. Chevelle is getting so big. They grow so fast! So glad you get to spend a few months with your family! Good luck with everything back in Italy.